Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving! with a Treat!

Yesterday was a bit of a surprise: I realized that I was quite sick with a cold. Realized this when I was trying to ride my bike to the grocery store for milk and last-minute T'giving items. Oops. Turned right around and got in the car...

Upside? I got the turkey breast cooked (yum!), the kitchen cleaned and dishes done, took a long nap (after taking meds with a hot toddy, so there you go!), read, and watched TV. I didn't get to the movies, or any of the more ambitious things that entailed leaving the couch.

More upside? Today I feel much, much better. Still stuffy and congested, but no longer achy all over or feverish.

So today it's movies, turkey and asparagus and pumpkin pie, and home to watch more movies, courtesy of Netflix (X-Men and True Grit).

I have to give thanks for family and friends, a lovely place to live, my general health, a steady job I mostly enjoy (with benefits), a car with new brakes, and things to look forward to in 2012. Good things are always happening, if we pay attention. 

What got "done" on Wednesday, 11.23:
  1. Grocery shopping, including color remover for the white/pink towel
  2. Email
  3. Twitter
  4. Tumblr
  5. Posted on both blogs
  6. Read... a lot!
  7. Naaaaaaaaap (thank you, meds and toddy!)
  8. Cleaned off bike and covered on porch
  9. Picked up apartment, downstairs and upstairs
  10. Took recycling out (more today)
  11. Cleaned out fridge
  12. Cooked turkey breast: lemns, garlic, herbs... mmmmm! House smells great!
That's about it, but as I said, I feel better. All over! And... treat:


1 comment:

  1. Glad you're feeling better. What's your other blog about?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Come back and visit often.