Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

State Fair, Part II

As promised, here are the quilts:


















Aren't they gorgeous? It's hard to see in these pictures--far away, little hand camera--but the applique and hand-embroidery is just as beautiful as the piecing and the color choices.

There was more though (this is, after all, the TEXAS State Fair).




Clothes for Barbies--which reminded me of the clothes my own grandmother used to sew for my dolls--and other dolls.




These are older dolls that have new clothes or have been restored. I have several of this kind of china-head doll from my maternal grandmother.

Also, preserving:



These shelves are full of jars of preserves, jellies, jams, pickles, and so forth--and there was another set of them to the right.

But these were my favorites: handmade children's clothing.




The bodice is smocked and embroided (chickens to match the fabric print). Gorgeous.

Pearl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Come back and visit often.