Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Tuesday

Yesterday I worked in the archives at Tolbiac all day (9 am - 3 pm) then took the train out to Versailles. Very production day, but my back hurt! Friday and Saturday I'll be out there again.

Last night I saw the opera ALCINA by Handel in concert form in the royal opera house built by Louis XVI. Here is a YouTube of the group, to give you a taste. It was bloody fantastic! Marvelous soloists and marvelous group.



Today I will go out to the gardens--despite drizzly, cool weather--and see both Trianons and Marie Antoinette's farm. Oh, and the shopping.

Here's Les Talens Lyriques, just playing. This mezzo-soprano was one of the soloists last night; she sings the castrato role, because of course there are no more castrati.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Come back and visit often.