Example: the HP laptop My U loaned me for this summer because it is against our licensing agreement with Apple for us (academics) to take our Macs out of the country.
(Sidenote: yes, this is a crazy agreement/idea, where academics given laptops to use for research/writing/communication/classroom presentations cannot take same laptops out of the US for their non-US conferences, research, classroom/teaching, and other uses. The HP laptop I could take was 5 lbs. heavier, slower, older, with smaller RAM... you name it, it was a limitation. Why, oh why did we agree to this?)
I have plenty of stuff I have been meaning to return, or stuff I planned to shift out of the house to another location (like my office), or other excuses. Here's the bulk of it. My goal = one thing/number out per day.
- HP laptop (and case, and cord) from My U's tech (Monday)
- Mac AIR loaned by my pal (plus cord) loaned as "real" laptop for summer 2010
- Substantial group of student-written work that I am turning into a database and archive at My U's library
- Humidifier a friend loaned me
- Library books and videos I am done with
- Goodwill stuff piling up for two weeks, including crockpot and vacuum
- Clothes I want to take to local consignment shop