Pages

Monday, August 10, 2009

New Ritual?

Readers of the other blog know that I spend Sunday mornings at Lucky's, a DFW tradition, where I eat breakfast prior to grocery shopping. One of my only rituals, and of course it includes eating and shopping. But both in unpretentious ways I can stomach.

I think I've initiated another, which is the Tuesday Night Dinner Out. There are too many restaurants and it is too hard to convince someone to eat on my terms every week. Sigh. Instead, I've started taking myself out for a dinner and wine once a week at a new place.

Then I can write about it. Fab: win and win!

Tomorrow then I already have a place picked out for slurping up new flavors. (ugh. That actually sounds kind of nasty, Not what I meant, promise.)


Pearl

2 comments:

  1. I am a great believer in being able to take yourself out to dinner or breakfast. One shouldn't have to wait for other people to enjoy life. Now that I am married I am trying to relearn doing things on my own, rather than waiting for my husband to join me. I know he has no objection to that, of which I am greatful. I am sure that many of my strengths come from the self reliance I developed when I was single (though not necessarily alone).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a great believer in time spent alone and treating oneself to a nice breakfast or dinner out. When I was single it helped me develop a self-reliance which is the basis for most of my strengths. I am fortunate that my husband appreciates my recent need to venture out on my own from time to time, even if it is just to bike to work rather than driving in with him on those days when he needs the car.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Come back and visit often.