Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

More "Oxford" news

I just heard from one of the several conferences I applied to for 2012. This particular one is at University of Exeter in early June -- my proposal was accepted, contingent on my being able to attend. I got the okay from my Oxford program head, as long as I am not missing on the Monday. Now (fingers crossed) hoping that panel gets scheduled midday Tuesday or Wednesday, which will put me on the British rail system for a six-hour round trip but worth it all the way...

This is an international conference that sounds fascinating--not that I'll experience much of it! but the same group that was at St. Andrew's a few years ago. Delightful and itneresting group of French scholars.

BTW: I also heard from a different conference, this one American in L.A., and they turned me down. Too many proposals, too few spaces. Tant pis!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you won't get to experience much of the conference, but it still sounds terrific. Good luck with the Monday off complication.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Come back and visit often.