Okay, this is a theme--just for this week.
Today, I cancelled office hours and did not have my afternoon class--by agreement with my students. Instead...
- Dropped car at garage for brake job
- Visited ATM for cash (for cab later)
- Walked to work (exercise!)
- Taught 9 am class, which was a bit of a wrestling match with students' lack of focus
- Chatted with student after about his revisions and how they were going
- Sent emails to students about meetings
- Called cab; waited for cab; called again--cab had someone else in it; cab #2 came and brought me home (50 minutes wasted!!!!)
- Changed out of teaching clothes/into work clothes
- Picked up kitchen, dining room, living room
- Put away dry dishes
- Made lunch, coffee for me
- Wrote blog post for this one
- Wrote 2 pages of novel... procrastinated and fidgeted.
- Bought ebooks online, moved to Nook
- Organized desktop
- Wrote 1.5 more pages... procrastinated, fidgeted
- Got call from garage: brakes need new calipers, too; add $200, and pick up tomorrow!
- Made more coffee
- Replaced burnt-out lightbulb
- Fed cat
- Poured glass of wine
- Put on sweater (apartment coooooooool!)
Sigh. Not what I'd call a productive day, but more time left to finish tasks. (Isn't he pretty, though?)