Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Express Checkout Experiment -- Week Three

Week Three: still good!

Combinations still working, and with the cooler weather the inclusion of sweaters is suddenly useful. I did discover that there is a sizable hole in my new black cashmere turtleneck sweater... sigh. But the basics group I chose work with tights, boots, outwear (jackets), and my sizable collection of scarves and throws. I've gotten more out of those than the jewelry, in fact, but happy to find that out.

This weekend, I think I am going to start weeding out pieces I did not wear this month and over the summer. I won't commit--yet--to putting them in the Goodwill pile, but my experiment is making certain things obvious to me. I am actually looking forward to winnowing my wardrobe even more.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's a good idea to have a "purgatory" pile where items sit for a few weeks before being donated. It gets them out of the closet but gives a chance for a "do over." I tend to do this and if I haven't had second thoughts by the end of a few weeks, out they go.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Come back and visit often.